Types of hosting services
A hosting service pertains to storing and/or sharing specific web content on a server handled by a web hosting provider. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a look at them. Thus, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to launch a blog, mail aliases, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some firms, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage solutions frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between independent hosts of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different webspace hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you desire to share an immense number of images with chums or associates since the service is usually free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your mail addresses. Some firms offer hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to get an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to administer as many videos as you would like without hassling about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to possess a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video files, etc. At Softcare Servers, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared with the normal email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content solely.